From Mama's Tofu Collective We are trying to raise $6,500 to get the equipment and supplies that we need to start making tofu for this amazing community.
Who We Are:
Mama's Tofu Collective is a Fort Collins based workers cooperative. We are passionate about local food and the need for locally sourced tofu in Fort Collins. Currently there are two of us and we hope to expand quickly and hire a few people. We have a kitchen and a handful of customers and we are ready to get started as soon as possible.
What we believe:
Our mission is to provide locally made organic, non-gmo tofu to the Fort Collins area. We believe in sustainability and a strong, healthy, vibrant community. We also aim to eliminate all of the waste associated with the tofu that is currently available in Fort Collins.
What We Will Do:
- All of our products are hand made.
- All of our products will be delivered on bicycles as often as possible.
- All of our products will be distributed in reusable sterile containers.
- Part of our weekly production yield will be donated to the Fort Collins Food Rescue and/or The FOCO Cafe depending upon need.
What You Can Do:
We need your help to make this dream a reality.
- Please donate to our project.
- Offer an Inkind Giftback to help our project succeed.
- Share our project on your email list or social media network.
Please donate and/or share this project with your friends and help us raise the money we need in order to start making tofu here in Fort Collins.
What We Need: We are asking for your help to raise $6,500 for the following equipment.
Soybean Grinding Machine - $1,065.00 Tofu Press - $573.00 Tofu Cloth - $33.00 Grinder Stone - $37.00 Filter Screen - $37.00 Concentration Meter - $62.00 Shipping - $1,253 Beans and Coagulant for 3 Months - Est $1,240 Misc Supplies (Containers For Delivery, Scale, Thermometer, Knives, Cutting Boards, giftbacks, etc.) $1,550 Community Funded Fees. $650.
Total - $6,500
Thank You very much for your immediate help and your continued support.
Dave, Danny, and Mama -